PLASMA FIBROBLAST AFTER CARE
Be In The Know
Immediately Following Treatment
1. You may experience a “stinging” sensation in the treated area(s) immediately after treatment. This is normal and it generally only lasts for about an hour.
2. If the treated area is swollen, DO NOT apply ice packs covered with a clean cloth. If you experience itching they can take an antihista- mine like Benadryl. Avoid taking an- ti-inflammatory medications like aspirin, ibuprofen or steroids if possible.
3. If you are receiving a Fibroblast treatment anywhere on your face or neck, we recommend you sleep on your back with your head elevated to reduce swelling.
4. Do NOT cleanse the treated area, its best to keep the scabs dry so that the magic can happen as the underlying skin heals and regenerates
5. Do NOT exercise after treatment or expose yourself to any heat, steam or sweat because this can intensify the inflammation that’s already present. As well as wet the scabs and make the prematurely fall off. Its best to wait for the scabs to fall before exercising again.
6. The area that has been treated must NOT be covered with any dressing or any type of sun- block, make-up, mascara, creams or any other products until
the area has fully healed. Many ingredients in skin care products and cosmetics can irritate skin and cause allergic reactions. Ultimately this will slow you’re your healing process and possibly impede desired results.
7. It is highly unlikely you will ever get an infection from a Plasma fibroblast treatment, as the wound we cause is not open. However, the first 12 hours post-treatment is vital in protecting you from any potential infection, so please avoid any activities where you could expose yourself to contaminants. Keeping hands off of anything that comes in contact with the treatment area.
8. You may return to work the following day. However, you will not look your absolute best during the initial healing process (approximately 7 days).
9. Expect redness, swelling and inflammation for the first 1-5 days
post-treatment. This is normal.
FOLLOWING DAYS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
1. It is normal for the area that has been treated to be red/pink, swollen and feel tight and dry. Occasional weeping is normal and will settle.
2. Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for up to about a week.
3. Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
4. Avoid using washcloths or any other washing devices. You are only removing excess oil and do not need to thoroughly cleanse the treated skin. Do NOT be tempted to rub, brush or exfoliate the area in any way to aid in the removal of the crusts. Pat dry with a clean tissue if it gets wet, its best as hard as it is to just keep the area untouched until the scabs fall off
5. Do NOT stand with your face under a hot shower for the first 3-4 days. Steam can moisten the scabs. This could increase swelling as well. Try to avoid shower gels or hair products running on to your face.
6. Avoid swimming or chlorinated water as it can increase irritation.
7. Keep scabs/crusts dry
8. Men should avoid shaving the treated area until it is fully healed (around 7 days).
9. If you have had treatment around your eyes, you should avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours after your treatment and avoid sunglasses that touch the treated area
10. Once the scabs have fallen off (approximately 7 days), your skin may be a little pink. You may begin to apply your normal foundation/make-up/sunblock= but avoid using skincare products containing glycolic/salicylic/retino- ic/AHA/ scrubs/Clarisonic or any other active exfoliating ingredients/devices for at least 21 days, as this will cause irritation. ABSOLUTELY NO MAKEUP UNTIL SCABS HAVE FALLEN OFF.
11. Avoid sun exposure. Once the scabs have fallen off, you must wear sunblock (zinc & titanium) and a hat while your skin is in the healing stages (pink in color) and you should continue to do so for at least the next 12 weeks to avoid hyperpigmentation.
12. Do NOT sunbath/sun tanning beds for 10–12 week post procedure.
13. Do NOT have any other facial treatments in the same treatment area while your skin is healing (8 weeks, depending on your healing process).
14. Do NOT wax treatment area for at least 21 days, if not longer. If you are receiving Plasma fibroblast treatment anywhere around the eyes, I would wait the full 4-8 weeks. Its ok to tweeze or thread any unwanted hairs after scabs have fallen off the area.
OTHER AFTERCARE ADVICE & TIPS
1. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
2. Eat a whole food diet and avoid
excess sugar to maximize results.
3. On top of the immediate rejuvenation, lifting and tightening effects you will likely experience from Plasma Fibroblast, it takes 8 to 12 weeks for the full effects of your treatment to be seen.
4. If additional treatments are required, it will be necessary to wait until the skin completely heals (8-12 weeks).